How do I get rid of OneDrive / SkyDrive
- Short Answer – with difficulty. If you disable OneDrive, which is possible, Microsoft will continue to foist it upon you. Existential issues of autonomy aside, this isn’t such a bad thing.
- Instead, just don’t store anything in OneDrive, instead, store in My Computer
- You have two top-level storage locations:
- OneDrive (aka SkyDrive)
- My Computer aka(My PC / This PC / Computer)
- When you’re ready, experiment with storing items in OneDrive. You don’t keep your money under your bed, do you?
Save from MS Word as a PDF
- Open a MS Word document.
- Click FILE.
- Click EXPORT.
- Click the big square Create PDF/XPS button.
- Choose a save location and name.
View PDFs without Hassel
What We Did
- Uninstall Nitro because it was annoying.
- Don’t use the Windows 8 built-in viewer, because it has a foreign Metro interface.
- Install Foxit reader, because it’s less annoying.
- Set Foxit as the default PDF viewer.
Other Topics on the TODO List
- Increase the print size on the screen.
- Manage passwords.