We would like always to use the most up to date Orchard 1.8.x branch for development.
- Regularly fetch and merge from https://git01.codeplex.com/orchard
- git fetch origin
- git merge origin/1.8.x
- Do development.
- Add, commit, and push to https://github.com/bigfont/super-project.git
- git add –A
- git commit –m “Some message”
- git push super-project 1.8.x
Steps for Setting up the Remotes
- Create a local directory for your Orchard project (e.g. orchard-super-project)
- Navigate to that directory in PoshGit.
- Clone Orchard 1.8.x by running:
git clone -b 1.8.x https://git01.codeplex.com/orchard .
-b 1.8.xmeans clone only that branch.
.means clone into the current directory instead of creating a new one.
- Create a remote repository using the GitHub web user interface (e.g. super-project).
- Back in PoshGit, add the new repository as a remote by running:
git remote add super-project https://github.com/bigfont/super-project.git
super-projectis the friendly, local name of the remote.
http://github.com/…is the URL to the remote.
- Test your remote setup by running
git remote -v